The below mixing and storage information is for TB-500, BPC-157, and PROHEALIX™
Our recovery peptides are supplied in the lyophilized, or freeze dried, powder form. This ensures that potency is retained for months or years when properly stored. Before administration, TB-500 peptides must first be mixed with sterile bacteriostatic water to create a solution. This process is referred to as “reconstitution.”
How much water do you need to mix with TB 500? 1-2 milliliters of bacteriostatic water is sufficient to dissolve 10mg of Thymosin powder. The same applies for all of our peptides. (Tip: for smaller individual doses, it can be convenient to use more water for reconstitution. This makes it easier to accurately measure each dose, as the total volume of solution is greater.
For proper mixing, you will need these items:
The following instructions use 1mL of bacteriostatic water to mix a TB500 5mg vial. Follow same instructions for all Thymosin Labs™ peptides.
1. Gather the above recommended items for mixing, along with the vial of Thymosin Beta-4. (Important: let the vial come to room temperature before beginning the mixing process.)
2. Remove caps from both the TB500 and Bacteriostatic Water vials and wipe each rubber stopper with the alcohol swab.
3. Use syringe to withdraw 1mL from the Bacteriostatic Water vial.
4. Take filled syringe and inject bacteriostatic water into the TB 500 vial. *NOTE: Do NOT inject water directly onto the powder. Aim for the sides of the vial, letting the water trickle down gently to the bottom. Injecting straight into the powder can damage the Thymosin molecules, as they are held together by fragile peptide bonds.
5. Take out the syringe and delicately swirl the vial to dissolve any remaining bits of powder. IMPORTANT: Do not shake the vial! Rough handling can damage the molecules.
Once mixed in solution, the TB 500 should be used as soon as possible. Any unused portion should be refrigerated (NOT frozen) immediately at 39F (4C). Stored this way, it will remain potent for 1-2 weeks. See below for further storage information.
In lyophilized powder form, our peptides can retain their potency for many months if stored properly. At room temperature, they will remain perfectly stable for 60 days. This is why cold pack shipping is not necessary. However, upon receiving your order, it is recommended to store products in the freezer until use. For storage of up to several months, a freezer temperature of -4 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 degrees Celsius) is adequate. For very long term storage (around 6 months or more) even colder temperatures are preferable, down to -112 Fahrenheit (-80 Celsius).
Important tip: avoid repeated thawing and refreezing - this can decrease potency.
Once reconstituted, peptides should be used as soon as possible and will remain stable for up to 14 days if stored at 39 F (4C).
Lyophilized Powder Form:
Reconstituted (mixed with Bacteriostatic Water):
As mentioned previously, allow frozen or refrigerated vials in powder form to come to room temperature before mixing to reconstitute. Additionally, minimize air exposure by only removing the vial lid immediately before reconstitution.